Leslie is a relationship-driven educator and professional facilitator with a unique combination of experience in the education and non-profit sectors.
Since 2010 she has worked with students and families as an educational consultant. Using her curiosity, energy and humour she helps students rise to the challenges they face. She provides parental coaching to help manage the stress of school support at home.
As an IAF Certified ™️ Professional Facilitator, Leslie designs and delivers practical actions that people can implement in community; working with them towards goals they have identified. She has experience working with volunteers, community boards, non-profits and groups of professionals.
Originally from Northern Ontario, Leslie is currently raising her family in Blackburn Hamlet where she has lived for the past 15 years.
- Early learning instruction in math and reading
- Youth/teen life skills to support academic success
- Reflective conversations about learning with adults and students
- Prioritizing realistic educational/academic outcomes
- Contextualizing developmental milestones and their impact on academic success
- Normalizing /reframing the impact of external factors on learning
- Support for youth as they explore their identity
- Researching best practices and applying them in concrete ways
- K to 8 all subjects (specializing in math/reading/spelling and foundational skills)
- French as a second language for K to 8
- Grade 9-12 english, social science courses
- Grade 9, 10 math
- Robust application of Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum across all subject areas and all grades
- Montessori elementary curriculum